Tummy Time!

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

So...Caitlin is a 1 year old now.  She just had her birthday and baptism on Mother's Day and I couldn't have enjoyed the day more.  Both sets of grandparents came out and so did my sister!  I'll post pics later.

Caitlin has overnight started showing signs of understanding what I'm saying and responding some...it's so crazy.  Tonight, I was trying to get Caitlin's attention and I kept calling her name and she, of course, kept playing with her toy...until I said, "Caitlin, look at mommy" (I say that a lot).  As soon as I said it, she looked right at me waiting to see what was up...that was really fun for me.  She is really into airplanes now and every time she hears one, she lights up.  She seems like she is trying to do the sign and is trying to say the word.  Too funny!  Yesterday, we were pointing at our noses (she just figured out how to point last week) and mouths.  She is really catching on quickly and I am having so much fun teaching her about things.

This morning on our morning jog we saw several rabbits and birds and had a great time watching them and pointing.  For that matter, we were almost attacked by geese and squirrels this afternoon.  We went to Lake Murray for a picnic and the animals were closing in on us so we ended up having to move to a picnic table instead of our blanket on the ground...but it was really fun getting to see all of the animals!

No comments:

Post a Comment